Last modified: September, 2017.
- First name: Juan Francisco
- Last name: Giordana
- Nationality: Argentine
- Marital status: Single
- Age: 38 years old
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: +54 (342) 5211 004
Since early 2004 I am doing web application development.
I mainly use PHP as programming language, combined it with the functionality provided by the MySQL database engine and rigorous controls in regards to information security, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Content Management Systems (CMS):
- News portals (weblogs), online classifieds, photo galleries, etc...
- I have developed custom applications including recurring billing systems, encrypted storage for credit card's information, rebate schemes for promotions, coupons or tickets, etc.
- Internal messaging systems.
- Sending of bulk e-mail (excepting SPAM).
- Integration of discussion forums to existing login systems.
- Simple and advanced search systems (eg. search by geographic proximity).
- Content generation systems.
- Creation of APIs to interconnect data between different applications/websites.
Technologies that I have used or implemented:
- Authorize.Net: gateway for online payments with credit cards.
- Amazon S3: High availability remote storage service.
- GnuPG: encryption information.
- Google Sitemaps: tool for analysis and troubleshooting websites.
- Apache mod_rewrite: generate friendly URLs.
- MaxMind GeoIP/GeoLite Country: Determine an Internet visitor's country based on their IP address.
- Swift: a component-based library for sending e-mails from PHP applications.
- Twig: a flexible, fast, and secure template engine for PHP.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
My experience in search engine optimization is based from the use of regular expressions to generate friendly URLs to the implementation and complete restructuring of HTML documents that conform a website, thereby generating better rankings for the most popular search engines ( Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.).
CSS & Web Layout:
The nature of my profession is strictly related to the area of visual communication design 1 thereby I have solid knowledge of the aforementioned specifications that allows me to layout websites in line with current standards, generating this way documents with a very high percentage in terms of accessibility, usability and navigability.
Sysadmin (system administrator):
- Setup, configuration and maintenance of Linux and *nix systems in general.
- Excellent performance in all types of Linux distributions: Gentoo / Funtoo, Debian / Ubuntu, Red Hat / Fedora / CentOS, LFS.
- Setup and maintenance and optimization of server's software:
- Compiling applications from source code according to specific needs.
- Development of local and remote high availability backup systems (hourly backups, daily, etc.).
- Processes automation under *nix systems.
- Technical service in both hardware and software areas.
- 2004 - 2005:
- I took my first steps as web developer NKStudios S.R.L.
- 2005 - 2006:
- I worked as a freelance web developer for different local companies (NKStudios, NetSud) and independently.
- 2006 onwards:
- Work as a freelance web developer for Echo Media, Inc. as the maintainer of BandMix and independently.
- I'm not a graphic designer, I'm only hobbyist in this area.